Calcio Russo Forum

100 reti in carriera per Andrey Arshavin

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 7/12/2009, 12:27

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Group:
Moderatore Globale

ARSHAVIN IN THE SPORT EXPRESS CLUB 100

On Saturday one more Russian football player enlarged the Club 100: the Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin scored his century goal against Stoke City.

Andrey Arshavin became the twenty-fourth Russian player who scored 100 goals or more and joined the Sport Express Club 100 closely following Dmirtiy Sychev who completed the century a week earlier.

"On the one hand this event – scoring the 100th goal is very pleasant," commented the forward. "When I started playing football I could not even dream about it."

"But on the other hand there are many players who scored 200 or 300 goals in their career so I should not overestimate my own achievements."

"The match was easy for our team, we seized the initiative from the first moments. And as a centre forward I had many chances to open the second century but managed to score only once."

"I cannot say that centre forward is my position, I am more of an inside. And I played at the edge of attack because of the many injures of other forwards."

"I do not think I can recall all 100 goals, but if crack my brains a bit about 70 I will recollect. I remember very well the first one, the hat trick against Amkar, the poker against Liverpool."

"Probably the goal against the Netherlands was the best in terms of the goalie I managed to upset. Moreover van der Sar conceded the ball between his legs."

"I gradually shake off the depression after the failure of the Russian national team. But the press would not let me forget about it."

"I do not follow what is written or said about the national team but people around me inform about new ideas that appear. In England there is a special agency that translate the information from the Russian mass media. That is why even Englishmen often ask about them."

"All these rumours damage the image of the Russian football but those who spread them do not care about it."

"I think they want to force the footballers into the matters that have nothing to do with them. Our business is to play football."

Sport-Express

Web  Top
Kim Byung-Ji
view post Posted on 7/12/2009, 19:18

complimenti....bello poi il gol segnato allo stoke :clap:

Dzagoev
view post Posted on 8/12/2009, 13:01

Sisi, molto bello, ma se n'era divorato uno prima clamoroso...

2 replies since 7/12/2009, 12:27   61 views